Weiss Spindle Repair and Spindle Rebuild Services
Precision Drive Systems (PDS) specializes in the repair and rebuild of Weiss milling spindles. Our factory-trained technicians and in-house engineering help OEMs and machinists around the world minimize downtime to save time and money with expert repair services for most makes and models of metalworking spindles.
Advantages of rebuilding your Weiss spindle at PDS include:
- World-class team of experienced spindle experts dedicated to customer satisfaction
- Over 36,000 spindles repaired since 1996
- 3-5 day turnaround times for standard Weiss spindle repairs.
- 24/7 emergency spindle repair services
- One-year warranty from the date of shipment on all Weiss spindle repairs
- On-time deliveries
- Save time by delivering Weiss spindles directly to our North Carolina plant for repair
- For even faster service, request PDS Emergency Repair Service
The Weiss spindle repair and rebuild process begins after we receive your spindle to perform our inspection and diagnostic evaluation. Once the inspection is completed, PDS will prepare your repair quote, review it with you and ask for your approval to proceed. All estimates will include a detailed failure analysis report showing what repairs and replacement components may be needed to return the spindle to factory specifications.
The PDS Rebuilt Spindle Process:
- Clean and inspect spindle
- Careful teardown of spindle
- Photograph and inspect all parts
- Replace worn parts
- Replace all seals and o rings
- Replace and adjust all bearings
- Reassemble and inspect
- Adjust draw bar and sensors
- Balance spindle
- Run in spindle under programed monitoring
- Final quality check
For more information on repairing and rebuilding Weiss spindles, contact the PDS spindle experts at 704-922-1206.